A blog by spcaLA president, Madeline Bernstein

Sep 21, 2012

I Am Honored and I Thank You



So often, I’m asked – how does spcaLA advocate on behalf of abandoned and abused animals?  Preventing cruelty to animals through education and advocacy is part of the spcaLA Mission and something I take seriously as a voice for the voiceless animals. 

As YOUR spcaLA President, I often have the opportunity to travel and speak to advocates, colleagues, students, law enforcement, and law makers about animal welfare, animal cruelty, and the cutting edge programs of YOUR spcaLA. 

I am proud, humbled and honored to have been invited to the Center for Animal Law Studies at Northwestern School of Law of Lewis & Clark College as its first Distinguished Visiting Animal Advocate.   Next week, I will be lecturing to the students enrolled in the J.D. program as well as the world’s first advanced LL.M. (Masters of Laws) program in animal law.

There, I will share lessons learned about prosecuting animal cruelty – lessons learned at YOUR spcaLA.


Help to add to our volume – speak out against animal cruelty, donate, volunteer and share the work of YOUR spcaLA to help abandoned and abused animals in our community and beyond.
Thank you for this opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment