A blog by spcaLA president, Madeline Bernstein

Jun 5, 2018

The kindness of strangers ...

spcaLA
We recently had a successful pet adoption festival. Lots of booths, food, activities and new homes for pets. That said, an amazing thing happened. People were coming in and "paying it forward". In other words, paying an adoption fee, anonymously, for a stranger. For example, one who recently adopted one of our cruelty victims came to the festival and paid the fees for someone else, (this made our humane officer, who saved the abused pet tear up), a volunteer working the event did the same, and numerous unrelated others did so as well. I was astonished and joined our officer in a cry fest. My shelter staff told me that this has been happening a lot recently.

Those of you who know me, and my career choices, can vouch for the fact that I often have low expectations of human nature. I have never been so happy to be proven wrong!

Me of little faith stands humbled.

Thank you spcaLA staff, volunteers and supporters. You're the best!





No comments:

Post a Comment